Why is a DIY gun safe moving is a bad idea?
Do-it-yourself gun safe moving is a popular idea, but it there are lots of downfall. Here are a few reasons why:
1. It’s a lot of work. Moving your safe by yourself is a lot of work and can be challenging. You’ll have to lug the safe around, which will likely be heavy. Hiring a professional gun safe moving company may be a better option if you need the strength or the equipment to handle the job.
2. It can be dangerous. If you’re careful, moving your gun safe could be safe. You could lose the key, damage the safe, or wind up with a stolen safe. Hiring a professional may be the best option if you’re moving your safe somewhere where you don’t have a safe deposit box.
3. It can cost a lot of money. Moving your gun safely will cost you a lot of money. You’ll have to buy the safe, the packing materials, and the labor. You may only have to pay a little if you hire a professional.
4. It can take a long time. Moving your safe by yourself can take a long time, and you may need more time to do it. Hiring a professional may be the best option if you need the safe move quickly.
5. It’s only sometimes safe. Even if you do everything correctly, your safe may still be unsafe. If careful, the moving crew may protect the safe, or someone may steal it while in transit. If you’re moving your safe to a place where you don’t have a safe deposit box, hiring a professional may be the best way to ensure the safe’s safety.
What are the dangers of DIY gun safe moving?
According to the FBI, more than 14,800 gun thefts occur annually in the United States. That means for every gun stolen, 12 more are making their way into the hands of criminals. So when securing your firearms (whether in your home or a safe), it’s essential to keep security a top priority.
Here are the possible dangers associated with moving a gun safe yourself:
Gun-safe moving is a difficult task that can be risky. There are chances of injuries if the process is not done correctly. Below are some of the injuries that can occur.
- Broken fingers – If the bolts are not tightened correctly, and the gun safe is not appropriately secured, it can cause the gun safe to tip over. If this happens, it may result in a broken finger or two.
- Broken bones – Broken bones can occur if the safe tips over and falls to the ground.
- Injuries to the chest – If the safe falls to the ground, it can cause injuries to the chest. The injuries may include bruises and cracked ribs.
- Head injuries – The safe can also fall on your head, which can cause head injuries.
- Injuries to the eyes – If you hit your eye while moving the gun safely, it can cause some injuries.
You can do a few things to help reduce the risk of your gun safe being stolen during your move.
One thing you can do is to make sure the safe is secured correctly. For example, you can use a padlock or a cable lock to secure it to the wall or the floor. You can also use a power strip to deactivate the safe when you’re not using it.
Another thing you can do is to keep the safe inside the car while you’re moving it. Make sure to put the safe in the trunk or the backseat. You can also keep the key to the safe with you.
If you need to store the gun safe for extended periods, you can rent a gun safe. This is a good option if you need more time or space to install a gun safe in your home.
3. Damage to gun collections
Most gun collections are stored in gun safes, protecting firearms from fire and water. Unfortunately, even the best gun safes can be damaged during a move. When moving a gun collection, it’s essential to use a professional mover with experience with moving firearms. They can wrap the guns in a protective container safely and securely.
4. Property damage
If you are moving your gun safely, plan for the potential property damage. Always consult with your insurance agent to ensure that you take all the necessary precautions to protect your property and safety.
When you are moving your gun safe, make sure to pack your gun safe with the utmost care. It is essential to protect your firearms from being damaged on the move. It would help if you also took the time to pack all the gun safe’s contents and label each item with the gun’s serial number. Contact a professional gun-safe moving company if you have any questions about packing your gun safe.
Why is hiring gun-safe movers essential?
Gun-safe movers offer several valuable services, including delivery and installation. Here are the benefits of hiring a gun safe mover:
- Protection: Gun-safe movers will also ensure that your gun safe is adequately secured to your home or wherever you choose to install it.
- Delivery and Installation: Many gun-safe movers also deliver and install the gun safe of your choice after it has been purchased.
- A Worry-Free Experience: Hiring a gun-safe mover means that you don’t have to worry about lifting a heavy gun safe or trying to install it yourself.
- Competitive Rates: While some people install their guns safely, most find delivery and installation much more cost-effective.
- Peace of Mind: Installing your gun safe means you have to set it up, which means you won’t know if it has been installed correctly.
- Convenience: Hiring a gun-safe mover means you don’t have to worry about transporting and installing a safe.
- Protection: Gun-safe movers offer peace of mind by knowing that professionals will install your gun safely.
- Competitive Rates: Professional gun-safe movers have the experience, knowledge, and tools to move your gun safe safely.
It’s not worth the risk. Moving a gun safely requires experience, equipment, and expertise. If you’re thinking of moving a gun safe on your own, then think again. DIY gun safe moving isn’t worth the risk. For stress-free gun safe moving, hire a professional. This article has helped you decide how to move your gun safely and correctly.
If you need professional gun-safe movers, call us at 717-819-6339.